Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Auto-Pilot Mode

Being a creature of habit, I would do certain things at certain times. Sometimes I am conscious about them and other times, not. Have you been under that 'trance' as well?

The other morning I was in the shower getting ready for work and next I am wondering if I had shampooed my hair while drying off! To think that my brain had power off during those minutes! My colleague at work shared that there have been occassions when she has driven home from work without being aware of her driving! Her mind was elsewhere! Has this happen to you too?

On the flipside, there have been occassions when I wish my brain would switch off and it wouldn't cooperate! Very annoying especially when I need to head into the office in a couple of hours.

Here's what a typical work day looks like for me:

5:15am   
Alarm goes off, check on the sleeping kids, breakfast, shower

5:45am   
Grab my lunchbox, drive towards the city

6:15am
In my office

10:30am   
Ring Childcare to check in on the kids

2:15pm    
Leave office, drive towards the direction of home

2:45pm   
Childcare - chat with carers, cuddle kids and huddle them into car for home

3:15pm   
Cuddle and play with kids

3:45pm   
Kids play on their own while I get laundry off the line and start dinner for J & I

4:15pm   
Milk feed for kids in their rockers so that I can attend to both at once

4:30pm   
Milk feed finishes and kids watch an episode of "Baby Einstein", while I wash bottles  and fill it with formula for the next day and place in fridge, prepare their breakfast of cereal-yoghurt-3 fruits in container for the next day and set Dinner for J & I aside

4:55pm
Kids in their high chairs, fed their dinner of protein-carbs-vegetables, drink of water and play on high chairs after they have finished while I wash their container of dinner and place dinner for the following night in the container bound for the fridge (I have at least 4 different varieties of meals in the freezer for the kids)

5:15pm
Dessert of fruit and yoghurt for the kids, after they have finished they get read 2 books, J is home, he cleans their faces while I prepare their bedroom for bedtime

5:30pm - 5:50pm
Kids get one-on-one time with J during bath time, I slather them with body lotion-dress them-cuddle-put them to bed, I leave the nursery while Jared reads them another book and settle them in for the night so that I can serve dinner, clean the kitchen surfaces and have a shower

6:10pm
We sit down to dinner and babies are in their own cots, sleeping. Even if they are crying, there's no cuddles and leave them because they self-settle and sleep for the night. For the rest of the evening, we relax - watch tv, surf the internet, fold laundry (almost every night), iron (once a week), etc

9:00pm
Lights out and head to bedroom to read prior to ZZZZZzzzzz



No comments:

Post a Comment