A new butcher has just set up shop and despite only having bought my week's worth of meat once from them last week when they opened their doors, I am in love with the range, quality and especially the yummy marinates!
I cannot begin to rave about the yummy dinners we've had this week and all so easy to prepare. Fantastic for parents who value spending time with young children, having to prepare meals for the family and trying to keep the 'witching hour' between 5 - 6pm as calm and efficient as possible.
Since the weather is bit hot and muggy to turn on the oven (hate heating up the home further), I have been reliant on our big deep fry pan from Jared's Uni years for what I would call 'Pan Roast'. This is what I do with my marinated meat:
- Heat the fry pan. Spray it with rice bran oil (has antioxidents and does not burn with high heat like Olive Oil does).
- Place my meat in the pan and brown it for 5 minutes. Add chopped up chinky vegetables (pumpkin, onion, carrots, celery, broccolini). Add 1/2 cup of water and place lid over pan. Lower the flame of the stove.
- 15 minutes later, when the veggies are softened and the meat is almost 80% cooked through, have the lid slightly ajar so to allow steam to escape. Cook for another 5 minutes and turn off flame and replace lid to seal the pan.
- Leave it on its own for the next hour or another you are ready to eat.
- Viola! 1 pan meal ready for the family. It is seriously simple, fuss free and so yummy!