Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Mechanically Out of My Control

Wednesdays are one of three favourite days of the week for me because I get to enjoy my children. I had plans to catch up with a friend at Carindale shopping centre, get the cherubs weighed and measured by the midwife at our local pharmacy and whatever activities that take my fancy.

The one element I have always depended on was my car. My main source of transportation which promises freedom. Well, not today.

For those of you who are unaware, my car is brand new. In fact, I bought it from the Nundah Dealership in mid June 2011, have been taking very good care of it, etc.

When I got into my car this morning with cherubs strapped in and all, I noticed passenger side window was slightly down (I like to have the windows slightly down when I get home to 'air' the car) so I pressed the window button and nothing happened. That window wouldn't co-operate! Part of me wanted to just drive off and hope that it would sort itself out but my instincts told me to not go anywhere. Then I found out that the back windows aren't working as well!

To cut the long story short, I drove to Barton's (another dealership which my car gets serviced at) and the earliest they could look at my car was Saturday. I then rang Nundah Mitsubishi (the dealership which I purchase the car from) and they can only look at it on Monday! I was pissed off, to put it mildly.

The next two days at work are going to be very busy and tomorrow especially would involve driving to another location. This mechanical issue has certainly disrupted plans and it is beyond my control.

Jared tried putting things into perspective for me along the lines of, "there's a reason for everthing, maybe there will be a massive accident on the road tomorrow and it's best not to drive, etc etc." Bless his cotton socks.

Here I am at home with my cherubs. They don't care that we aren't going out or that they are dressed ready to go out...all they want is for me to be present and I shall enjoy my non work day and be present.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah bummer. Hope your car gets fixed soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it has been sorted out, I am so embarrassed!

    ReplyDelete