Thursday, March 22, 2012

Happy 11 Months!

A year ago today, my day was filled with thoughts of my twins - willing them to behave, to continue growing in me, telling them how much I love and look forward to meeting them.

Today, my days are still filled with thoughts of them constantly - I still tell them to behave when they don't, I still tell and demonstrate to them that they are much loved and cherished. Till today, I cannot believe I am a mummy to them and know how very lucky and bless I am to be one.

Our lives (mine as well as Jared's) revolve around their needs and their wants. This will be the case for the rest of our lives, I think. The scale of their dependency on us will diminish somewhat when they are adults and despite that, they will always be my babies.

11 months is a wonderful time in all our lives.

Charlotte crawls very well, loves pulling herself up onto our furniture, is always exploring every drawer, cupboard, floral arrangement, enjoys taking her brother's toys and most of all and my personal favourite, climbs up on us to have a cuddle. Now, that cuddle is simply magic.

Daniel continues to sit very well and has learnt to change his view by rotating on his bottom - what a skill to posess! He always giggles when he sees Tanzetta or Charlotte, loves his cuddles and kisses which makes him laugh, enjoys picking up his toys and checking them out.

They have both taught me about acceptance. Of their individuality. When one has two children, the differences are very apparent and in my case, it gets magnified. I have learnt not to push them to do something new and prefer for them to enjoy the present by  marveling at the world around them, being bored (sometimes) and learning how to make fun on their own and above all, know that they are much loved and cherished without being molly coddled by us.

Happy 11th month birthday, Charlotte and Daniel. Thank you for choosing me to be your mummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment