Thursday, April 12, 2012

Twins' Favourite Snacks

Charlotte and Daniel were what I would consider to be 'dream babies' to wean at 4 months. They started with baby rice cereal on day 1 and advanced to having two pureed fruits added to the rice cereal by day 2 so on and so forth. It was very heartening for a young mother like me to witness their love of new tastes and healthy appetites. In addition, it also encouraged me to keep extending their repertoir of food which included meat, herbs and spices!

Therefore, I was very stressed over the last 6 weeks when they became fussy with their food. Meal times were very stressful as they cried when fed and I was worried that they weren't meeting their daily nutritional requirements. It was downright awful.

My mummy friends are ever encouraging and assuring. They told me that babies will eat when they are hungry and will never starve. It took a bit of convincing on my part and eventually came to my senses - I might as well take the alternative approach since my methods weren't working. Relax and go with the flow. Yes, me. Going with the flow. That's laughable. Yes and I did adopt that attitude. It certainly helped. Meal times were less stressful and they continued to sleep through the night despite not having their usual portions.

During their fussy period, I relied on their favourite snacks to nourish them and also to calm my ever racing heart. Here they are:

Fruits















Row 1 (Left to Right): Strawberries, Raspberries, Mulberries, Blueberries, Red Grapes.
Row 2 (Left to Right): Green Grapes, Golden Kiwi, Bananas, Watermelon, Paw Paw.
Row 3 (Left to Right): Mangoes, Pears, Oranges, Avocado, Summer Fruit Gel.

Savoury











Row 1 (Left to Right): Cheddar, Gouda, Cream Cheese, Cottage Cheese.
Row 2 (Left to Right): Vegemite, Rice Crackers, Corn Thins, Banana Bread.

What are your child / children's favourite snacks?

No comments:

Post a Comment