Thursday, May 3, 2012

Q & A to be revisited annually

I read an article with the following questions which pertains to parenting and self. Thought it might be a good idea to revisit these questions on an annual basis. Here are my answers to those questions and please bear in mind I have one year old twins so my experiences are rather limited:-

My Favourite Parenting Moment is...
Sitting on the floor with my children and engaging with them in play, songs and conversations. There are always many cuddles to give and receive too. Quite often, both at the same time!

My Most Embarrasing Parenting Moment was...
When my son plonked his head between a friend's breasts and promptly fell asleep for the next 45 minutes at another child's 1st birthday!

Raising Twins is like...
Nothing I have ever experienced in my life. It is literally, double everything! Charlotte reminds me of me - it is rather uncanny! Daniel reminds me of my husband - laid back and kind.

The Best Thing about Being a Mum is...
The cuddles and looks of love from my children. They put life into perspective for me.

The Thing I am Most Proud of a Parent is...
I can capable of loving and caring for two children at the same time.

The Thing I wish I'd done Differently as a Parent...
Enjoyed them more when they were newborns. The intensive nurturing was exhausting and they were so easy to care for. All they did was eat, sleep, pee, poo and cry (a little). Most importantly, they stayed in the same spot I left them!

The Thing I want Most for My Children...
is to be happy and to be resilient.

The Best Parenting Advice I ever got...
Routine! Routine! Routine!

The Most Difficult Thing about Being a Parent is...
the sleep deprivations, fussy eating and caring for them when they are unwell. This is manifested when I am unwell too!

The Thing I Miss Most about My Life before Kids...
Being able to sleep in, being lazy and doing whatever and whenever I desire!

My Kids would Describe Me in the Following Way (if they could speak)...
Mummy gives the best cuddles and loves feeding us!

No comments:

Post a Comment