Thursday, June 28, 2012

Ready, Set .... GO!

"Every generation imagines itself to be more intelligent than the one that went before it,
and wiser than the one that comes after it." - George Orwell

There is truth in that quote and that's why I often hear and even say "Do not keep re-inventing the wheel" / "Why fix it when it ain't broken?"

I digress and promise to get to the point.

A large majority of parents believe that their offsprings are intelligent / smarter than they are, especially when those little ankle bitters can't talk back (yet) and does amazing everyday things ahead of their anticipated developmental milestone as stated in a book or based on their own parent's development milestones at that young age (as recorded by their own parents). You get the point, I hope. Well, I am one such parent, too.

In this case, I am referring to my children's mobility. They have just turned 14 months. I know that there are many millions of other toddlers who walked much, much earlier than mine and I am comparing my children's development to both my husband's and mine in this particular field when we were toddlers. Yes, we also subscribe to the theory "An apple does not fall far from the tree". Geez, this wet weather is turning me into a theologist! GET ME OUT OF HERE!

Jared and I, according to our parents, only started walking at 17 months. Yes, we are late bloomers or perhaps we are really good manipulators as toddlers and got carried around more because we learnt the art of twisting our parents' little pinkie fingers or arms in this case.

I digress again. Blame in on the weather. I am turning mouldy already.

Charlotte started walking at 13.5 months and yesterday, at 14 months and 5 days, Daniel started walking with the aid of a walker! WOW! I am so excited. Yes, I am easily excited these days especially when it involves my offsprings.


I am one very proud mama. Our clever cherubs. We love them so much and look forward to many more excited laughters, giggles, pitter patter of little feets chasing each other around our homes....oh my, I am exhausted already! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment