Thursday, June 21, 2012

A Wednesday of 'Firsts'

It comes to a point in a mother's and toddlers' life when baby hair since birth becomes rather unruly especially the fringe. All the interventions from hair clips, rubber bands, head bands have been deployed with the fervent hope of not parting with their maiden locks ... alas, the inevitable took place yesterday. Two days shy of their 14 month.

I learnt from my colleague that Stefan's has a 'First Free Hair Cut' policy for young children! As I have absolutely no desire in cutting my children's hair, I rang and made an appointment for them! I have heard 'horror stories' of how young children just abhor getting their hair cuts and can only hope for the best that we won't be evicted from the salon!

Their appointment was at 9am and we were there just as they opened the salon. In we went. The hairstylists were very calm and friendly. In fact, we had two. One for each toddler.


I sat on the chair with a cape on and plonked Daniel on my lap first (he had a very colourful cape which intrigued him). He was so calm and allowed his hairstylist to do whatever she desired with his hair. Snip! Snip! Snip! No crying, no fussing, just a very good boy. What a brilliant first experience for Daniel, for me and no doubt the stylist as well! WOW! I am very proud of my little man.

Off came Daniel and back in his pram. Charlotte plonked on my lap. She loves the cape too and kept flapping it like a bird. Very cute. She too was very calm and allowed her hairstylist to do whatever she desired with her hair. Snip! Snip! Snip! No crying, no fussing, just a very good girl. What a brilliant first experience for Charlotte, for me and no doubt the stylist as well! WOW! I am very proud of my little lady.

I highly recommend the ladies at Stefan's - the store at Westfield Cardinale Shopping Centre. They were great!

After that wonderful experience, we took a break for morning tea (for them + Claudia = 3 amigos) and coffee (for my friend and me) before we took the toddlers to the library.

The kids and I have been to the library on a few occassions but never to play. It was merely a quick look around kinda thing. This time, with the encouragement of Kate (my friend and mother of Claudia), I let the twins out of their pram and into Lego wonderful. This is their first time with Lego!


WOW! They loved it! They love Lego - Charlotte enjoyed picking them up and walking around with them and Daniel enjoyed hammering them against the Lego board. What a brilliant time we all had - for them to explore, to stretch their limbs, to exercise their imaginations and most importantly, to expel toddler energy! For us mummies, to witness their sheer enjoyment was 'payment' enough.

It was truely another wonderful Wednesday with my twins.  They grow up so quickly - well, some days are definitely quicker than others! LOL.  They continue to keep me on my toes and I just love how happy they are. I am very lucky and bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment