It is obvious that I enjoy food and am very relief that our children seem to have inherited this trait of ours! For those who have been following our adventures, you will know that spoon feeding does not apply at dinner time in our home. Charlotte and Daniel enjoy feeding themselves and that's why, I serve them a variety of finger foods at this meal so that they can choose how and when to eat by picking it up, putting it down, mashing it up, throwing it off, etc...it's all part of learning to feed independently through discovery. Yes, mess is part of it too.
Here are some of the finger foods they enjoy so far:
- pan-fried meat sausages (kids' friendly variety with low sodium & fat and bulk up with loads of vegetables),
- oven-baked crumbed fish (bird's eye brand),
- pan-fried fish (salmon, barramunidi, nile perch),
- steamed pasta shells, peas, corn, pumpkin, broccoli,
- scrambled eggs, cubes of cheese, sandwiches, etc.