Inspired by Thai Fish Cakes, I came up with this recipe made with lean organic beef mince. It's easy to prepare & cook and my children loved it too! (Thank goodness)
Beef and Vegetables 'Cake' makes 12
250g lean organic beef mince
1 tbsp barbeque sauce
1 tbsp tomato ketchup
1/4 carrot, grated
1/4 zucchini, grated
- Mix all the ingredients together with your hands. Keep it in the refrigerator for at least an hour to marinate.
- In a fry pan, spray the pan with cooking oil. Roll the mixture into little balls and flatten. Cook on one side for 3 minutes and the other side for another 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- Suitable to be frozen. Thawed in fridge overnight and re-heated in microwave
- Serve with extra ketchup on the side for dipping
- To encourage more vegetables in diet, add microwaved peas and corn to mash potato - it's very yummy! If you do include this with the 'cakes', there will be 5 vegetables in this meal alone!