Thursday, January 24, 2013

My Mummy

(L) Daniel only has eyes for Por Por (R) Por Por shows Charlotte where the money goes

Today is my first day back at work for the year and am going to share about my mummy.
 
It is true that I have grown in appreciation for my own mummy when I became a mummy. This feeling of appreciation has since deepened further when we parted at the airport a fortnight ago.
 
Farewells at airports never get easier for those of us who live apart from our own families and especially with parents like mine who will do anything and everything in their power to make things right, for me.
 
At the airport, I had a small glimpse into what it means to let someone go when you love them unconditionally. As much as it breaks your heart and despite that heart not being exactly whole again, you let that person go because you love them and only wish for their happiness. That's my mummy.
 
She's always the strong one. The one who holds the family together. The one who talks sense into daddy. The one who always makes decisions based on the well-being of her family. The one who demonstrates to me what it REALLY MEANS to be a mummy.
 
I can never thank or do enough for her and she wouldn't want me to either.
 
I know the time will come when Charlotte and Daniel will leave home. When that day comes, I will be filled with mixed emotions - VERY PROUD and VERY SAD.
 
A few things are certain - they will always be my babies, I will always be there for them and I will always love them unconditionally. As long as they are happy, I will be too.

No comments:

Post a Comment