Friday, February 22, 2013

A letter to my 22nd month young todders


Dearest Charlotte and Daniel

Happy 22nd Month Birthday!

The first 12 months of your infancy went by in a blink of an eye and it would seem that the first 12 months of your toddlerhood is going by even quicker!

Every second of the day, I am reminded how lucky and bless daddy & I are to have the both of you in our lives. When you are physically not by my side, my heart aches for you.

I miss you more than you can ever imagine and I love you more than the whole universe and more. My wish for you is that one day, many years down the journey of life, that you may be able to experience the honor and magic of parenthood {if you choose to be parents and I sure hope you do}.

You are both so much fun to be with. Everything is new and amazing.
Nothing seems to faze the both of you except for when you are both after the same thing / attention at the same time.

Your infectious and hearty laughs fill our home with so much hope and happiness.

Your thirst for knowledge and curiosity reminds me that life is interesting.

Your desire to master the art of everyday living spurs me on to raise you both to be well-rounded and independent beings.

Your determination to communicate with words encourages me to be consistent in coaching you and in the way I conduct myself.

Your need for love, affection and affirmation are exactly what I need also and you remind me every single day of what really matters.

I love picking you up from kindy 4 days a week - the sheer joy on your faces when you see me melts the stressors of the work day.

I love cuddling up with you when we get home - all three of us on the floor with each of you sitting on each of my short legs.

I love the excitement on your faces when I announce that daddy is home - the both of you racing towards the garage screaming in high pitched voices "DADDY! DADDY!"

I love cuddling you in the evenings before you go to bed.

Charlotte and Daniel, you are everything I want and hope for.

I promise to do my utmost as your mummy in raising you to be happy, resilient and independent beings.

I love you both to the moon and back x infinity,

Your Mummy and #1 fan

No comments:

Post a Comment