Thursday, February 21, 2013

{Sharing} For the Love of Noodles - No Brainer!


My children love noodles in the form of spaghetti, hokkien noodles and best of all, instant noodles! They are afterall 50% me. Everytime, the husband and I enjoy our rare bowl of instant Indo Mee - they climb all over us!
 
With 2 organic beef sausages left, I did not want to serve those with mash so I looked into my pantry for inspiration and found 2 cakes of instant noodles! YAY!
 
Yes, each 22 month young toddler ate 1 cake of noodles each and asked for "MORE!"...well, I had no extras to offer so an additional serving of fruit for dessert was offered. Yes, I know...mean mummy.
 
Here's our favourite 3 minute noodles recipe - NO BRAINER!
 
Ingredients (serves 2 hungry toddlers)
2 cakes of instant noodles
1.5 cups of frozen peas and corn
 
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp tomato ketchup
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp ketchup manis, optional
 
1. In a small / medium sized pot, fill water to 3/4 full until boiling. Add frozen peas and corn and cook for 2 minutes. Add instant noodles and cook together with the vegetables for another 2 minutes until al dente
 
2. Once it is cooked, drain the liquid from the pot and add all the seasoning. Toss well. Serve immediately on its own or with a side of protein (sausage, roast chicken, meatballs, etc)
 
Tip
I made mine 5 hours ahead of dinner time, placed it in their respective serving bowls - used a pair of scissors to snip the noodles into managable bite lengths, placed glad wrapped over the bowls and placed in the fridge.
 
Before dinner, I microwaved the meal for 30 seconds and used a fork to separate the noodles slightly. The kids devoured them within 5 minutes! Yes, my children are PASSIONATE about their noodles!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment