Monday, April 15, 2013

Countdown: This Day next Week


This day next week, Charlotte and Daniel will turn 2!
 
I look at the photo on the left as 1 day old infants sharing a twin cot in hospital and on the right as toddlers (yesterday) having dinner at home - besides the obvious that they have grown and are their own little people, they still "lay / sit" in the same position (Charlotte on the left and Daniel on the right). Fancy that!
 
They have certainly changed my life in ways I can never fathom, they are constantly in my heart and mind, they are an extension of Jared and I.
 
I thought infancy was brutal and realised I was wrong when they turned 14 months (started walking).
 
I thought 14 month young twins were hard until they turned 16 months
(Charlotte started exerting her independence and temper tantrums would last up to 45 minutes).
 
I thought 16 months was tough until they turned 22 months
(Daniel started exerting his independence and louder temper tantrums followed. With two of them throwing temper tantrums at the same time is NO JOKE!).
 
Life has never been predictable since their arrivals and our lives have certainly turned upside down & inside out. To be brutally honest, I would not have it any other way. Well, maybe...sometimes.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment