Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Tuesday's Twenty Questions


Today, I came across a blog entry from Mummy Moo {whom I read every few days} and it has inspired me to do the same and share it with you!

1. Was your pregnancy planned, and how old were you?
Yes it was and I was 32 years of age.

2. What was your reaction?
I was beyond over-the-moon excited and cautious at the same time because it has been a long "journey" which included a miscarriage.

3. How did you find out you were pregnant?
I had a hunch that I was pregnant because I was constipated (I am never constipated) and my period did not come on Day 15. Hence, I went for a blood test.

4. Who did you tell first?
My husband.

5. Did you find out the sex?
Yes we did at the Nuchal Translucency Scan. We only knew the sex of one of the twins (Daniel) because he was very loud & proud where else, the other twin was very discreet.

6. Did you have morning sickness?
YES! YES! YES! Right from week one until week 18! I was nauseous from the moment I woke until I went to bed exhausted. 

7. What did you crave?
Nothing. Seriously. My husband was very disappointed.

8. Who/What irritated you most?
I was still working full-time (started maternity leave at 28 weeks) and during that time, I was overseeing the office fit out of our new office while at the same time, juggling all my other corporate obligations. Let's just say, I am not a patient person by nature and pregnancy heightened that further!

9. Did you wish you had a different gender from what you obtained?
Not at all. We have 1 boy and 1 girl. Seriously, as long as they are healthy and perfect, we weren't fussed.

10. How many kilos did you gain during the entire pregnancy?
11kgs all up. In fact, many were shocked when I told them I was pregnant with twins at the 6th month mark because my belly was still very tight and petite. Well, it grew very quickly from 28 weeks onwards! Oh and I lost all 11kgs at the birth of my children too.

11. Where did you think the baby was conceived?
Our children were conceived in a dish in a laboratory. There were transferred back into my body as 5 day young blastocysts that were rated 4AA (perfect in every way).

12. Did you have any complications during pregnancy?
I had gestational diabetes that was very well controlled with the help of a dietician and only required insulin injections from 30 weeks onwards.

Also one of the twins was lying against a nerve on my spinal cord that brings oxygen to my brain - I could never sit or lie flat against any surfaces as it would make me black out for 10 seconds.

13. Where did you give birth?
Mater Mother's Private Hospital in Brisbane, Australia.

14. How many hours were you in labour?
hahahahaha...none whatsoever!

15. Who watched you give birth?
Well, about 12 medical personnels as each twin had his and her own medical team and this is standard practice. My children were born at full-term so thankfully, no complications. Of course, my husband was present also.

16. Was it natural or C-section?
Elective C-section with spinal epidural and local anesthesia {?}. I was awake throughout the process with my husband right next to me.

17. Did you take medication to ease the pain?
Yes. I love drugs. Bring it on!

18. When was your child born?
They were born on 22nd April 2011. Two days after my birthday. They were scheduled to be born on my birthday and my c-section was delayed because there were quite a few emergency cases.

19. What is his/her name?
Charlotte Jayne is twin #1 and Daniel James is twin #2.

20. How old are they today?
They are 23 months and we will be celebrating their 2nd birthday in a few weeks!



2 comments:

  1. 7. What did you crave?
    Nothing. Seriously. My husband was very disappointed.

    HAHHAHHA!!! I can imagine! My husband very willingly gave in to my cravings, because those were the items which HE loves to eat, and I normally don't!

    Thanks for sharing this, Mags :) The twins are a blessing, like all children are, yes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Mine was hoping that I was going to crave for roast duck, bak chang and even durian which he does not eat. I reckon he was hoping he could boast of his (mis)adventures! LOL

      Oh yes, all children are blessings from above.

      Delete