Cooking for the family can be a chore especially if like me, you do it on a daily basis - sometimes 3 or more times a day when you consider snacks! However, it can also be highly satisfying when everyone including the little ones eat it all up. Here's a meal that fits the bill and even has 6 hidden vegetables in the sauce!
Cheat's Indonesian Satay Chicken (serves 4 hearty appetites)
10 Chicken Tenderloins
1 bottle of Fountain Brand Satay Sauce
4 tbsps. Ketchup Manis
6 different pureed vegetables*
1/4 bottle of water (use the Fountain sauce bottle)
Rice Brand Oil
- In a large non-stick fry pan, spray a thin layer of rice bran oil. Brown chicken tenderloins for 5 minutes.
- Add the sauce, ketchup manis, pureed vegetables and water. Cook it on high for 5 minutes and simmer on low for 10 minutes.
*Pureed vegetables - use whatever you like. I chose the following because they were in my crisper compartment
- 1 carrot, 1 zucchini, 1/4 pumpkin, 1/4 sweet potato, 1 handful of peas and 1 handful of corn
- Serve it on a bed of rice and a few generous dollops of that thick yummy gravy and chicken
- Can be kept in the fridge for up to 2 days (if you have any leftovers) and re-heated in the microwave