Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Brownie Points for my Husband


This took place last week.
 
For the first time in my life (ever since I was aware of birth dates), I forgot my dad's  birthday until a Birthday Reminder appeared on my laptop screen! I had a mini heart attack and immediately felt VERY GUILTY for not remembering so I did the next best thing...
 
Telephoned my dad at 4:30am (his time) while I was in my work office at 6:30am in a bid to be the first person to wish him HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Well, it worked a treat! He was very happy and excited. Our conversations were a little about him and a LOT about his grandchildren, at his insistence. He misses Charlotte and Daniel very, very much.
 
After the happy phone call, I sms-ed my husband who was at home tending to the children and this was what he did (see picture above). He sent that image to my dad.
 
My husband is right. This photo speaks a thousand unspoken words. I have no doubt, this was also the best birthday present for my dad's 65th Birthday. What do you gift someone who has everything? A photo of the little ones whom he loves the most.
 
Unsurprisingly, my husband scored major brownie points with me for his quick thinking and thoughtful gesture.
 
It's the thought that counts.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment