Saturday, July 20, 2013

Meddlesome People


People come into our lives for a reason, a season or a lifetime. I think meddlesome people fit only in the first category, being reason.
 
That meddlesome people re-affirms my values and reminds me of what I should NEVER become.
 
These are the people who hold onto the belief that they know better than you, pretend to hear you out and still insist that their opinion reigns supreme. Do you have people like that in your life?
 
Despite your best efforts in telling them that their opinion is not solicited, they continue to dish it out like it's the best thing next to sliced bread! Perhaps the core of their behavioural issue is that they do not listen and LOVE the sound of their own voice!
 
Fortunately for me, I only have one and sometimes two of this type of people who come into my life from time to time AND they are not family (thank goodness, I know I am very lucky).
 
A friend (who is not meddlesome) uses the term "Uh Ok" when unsolicited advice is given to her.

What about you?
How do you deal with the meddlesome people in your life?


No comments:

Post a Comment