Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Cuddle up with Mummy...Dora to the rescue!

Separating the twins during nap time is one of the best things I've done for them and my sanity.
 
They are both able to enjoy quality rest without waking each other AND I get to rest too as oppose to keeping an ear out for a cry - running into their room as quickly & quietly, get the crying kid out without rousing the other. Oh my, the stealth mode. Sometimes it works and mostly, it does not...I end up with two crying-screaming toddlers who need to be cuddled and the sibling jealousy means...the crying & screaming is prolonged.
 
Back to them in separate rooms for nap.

Typically, one will wake up before the other and that means, I get very precious one on one time cuddling the toddler. The kisses, cuddles and sweet nothings we whisper to each other is priceless.

I enjoy those moments, very much.
 
Sometimes, a toddler will wake up very grumpy-teary-inconsolable like Charlotte did on Sunday. There's evidently nothing wrong with her - all her limbs are working, no fever, no runny nose, no sore throat, etc. Oh well, I can only deduce that she woke up on the wrong side of the bed.
 
We go to the other end of our home - furthest from the bedrooms. We sit and cuddle while she whimpered. I cuddled her tighter, whispering sweet nothings, offering water / cracker / cheese and finally....Dora the Explorer. She nods her head. All is good in her world again.

No comments:

Post a Comment