Monday, August 26, 2013

Incentivising Kids to stay contained!

The twins are 28 months and I am very thankful that they are still willing to sit in their twin stroller when I am out & about with them on my own especially when we are in a big shopping mall with a multi-storey car park.
 
Seriously, I have no idea how much longer they will be willing to sit in the stroller as their bodies are growing rapidly. I think they are rather cute in this photo and hope we will still have use for one of the hardest working mode of transformation for the kids since they were newborns.
 
Do I incentivise them to stay in their stroller? How do I get them to hop back into the stroller once I let them out?
 
Stickers
Again, I am very thankful that my children are mad keen on stickers so I have a sleeve of stickers in my bag and give them a few each to get them back into the stroller.
Activity Packs
When they are very well-behaved like the photo here, I let them choose a very cheap activity pack each that they cannot open until we get home. Teaching them about delayed gratification.
 
Kids' Library
When I am running errands at Carindale Shopping Centre, I always make sure we make a pit stop at the library for the kids to run around and have a play before we go home.
 
Here's hoping that the strategies listed in this blog will work in my favour for awhile yet. Good luck to me!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment