Thursday, August 1, 2013

Our 1st Couple's Staycation (without the kids)

Following on from yesterday's blog about having a good marriage for all our sakes (us and the kids that is) and the little things that we do on a daily basis, I thought it timely to also share about the "big thing" we do for ourselves not so often.
 
Our first couple's staycation took place on our first family holiday to Singapore earlier this year. I hesitated going on a staycation with my husband initially NOT because I don't enjoy his company and rather I didn't want to be apart from the kids. Talk about separation anxiety even before the staycation took place!
 
I knew the only way I could go ahead with this staycation was to book it online even before we left Australia so I couldn't back out!
 
Anyway, we spent 2 weeks with the kids and my parents in their home. Kids' routine was firmly established by then and my very hands on parents were more than capable of caring for their only grandchildren.
 
On the morning of our 2 night staycation (yes 2 nights!), I was filled with dread as I was already missing my cheeky monkeys (I am very dramatic). We agreed to minimise the trauma of farewell by timing our departure to their usual morning play in the park with my parents. Whilst I was in the shower, my parents whisked them away. Needless to say, I was a mess in the taxi (tears rolling down my cheeks, sobbing, etc.).
 
Well, that didn't last very long and soon I was enjoying the tranquillity and spaciousness of the taxi ride to The Fullerton Hotel. We arrived at 10:00am. Yes, too early for check in. The staff were very kind to us and gave us access to the pool. The sun loungers never looked more inviting and we napped for 1.5 hours! Yes, we napped. It was heaven.
 
The next two days were wonderful.
 
We enjoyed buffet breakfasts at a leisurely pace, went on our separate ways for a few hours during the day (hubby checked out his RC hobby shops and I spent time shopping with my best friend) and met by the pool for afternoon cocktails and refreshing swim. Went out for dinners at places of our choosing and at a time that suited us.
 
Needless to say, we were refreshed and even hesitant to return to reality! Wouldn't you?

Our next couple's staycation will occur next weekend and it is in celebration of our ACTUAL 10th Wedding Anniversary! The nanny has been booked, overnight accommodation has been secured and dinner at a fine dinning restaurant overlooking the story bridge and river has also been locked in. We can't wait!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment