Monday, August 5, 2013

Recipe: Quick & Yummy Stir Fry Udon Noodles with the lot


Being able to share the same meal with our children is a blessing and convenience all rolled into one. We sit together as a family for lunches on the weekend and the kids sit on our dinning chairs too - we prop them up using regular sturdy cushions and the kids sit at a very comfortable height!
 
Anyhow, I digress and here's the recipe for this meal that my family enjoyed on the weekend.
 
Ingredients
I packet of Udon Noodles (to feed 4) - soaked in hot water for 2 mins and drain
2 very generous sized chicken thigh fillets - diced into cubes
2 generous handfuls of frozen peas, corn, carrots and beans
1 medium sized zucchini - diced into cubes
6 broccoli florets - broken into small bite sized pieces
4 tbsps. soya sauce
2 tbsps. raw sugar
2 tbsps. oyster sauce
4 tbsps. Chinese cooking wine
Rice bran oil
 
Instructions
  1. In a large non stick pan / wok over high heat, spray rice bran oil. Add chicken thigh fillets and let them brown on one side for 2 minutes. Add soy sauce and sugar. Mix it well.
  2. Add all the vegetables to the browned chicken. Mix it well for about 3 minutes. Add oyster sauce followed by Udon noodles. Stir fry them thoroughly. Add Chinese cooking wine. Mix well and turn the heat down to medium low. Let the noodles, chicken and vegetables rest and absorb the pan juices.
  3. Serve immediately
Hints
If there are any left overs {none for us}, you may place it in the fridge for up to 2 days and re-heat in microwave.

 

2 comments:

  1. My son's birthday is near and I'm looking for some dishes that I can cook for his birthday that's why I decided to search recipes through internet, and I think this blog gave me the best dish that I can cook for my son's birthday party. Thank you for sharing this.

    Easy Stir Fry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi William!

      Thank you so much for your feedback and I am thrilled that you will be serving up one of our family's favourite meals at your son's birthday.

      Delete