Monday, September 30, 2013

A Hilarious Look at "What's it like having twins?"

Parenthood is certainly not for the faint hearted and many of you will also agree that no amount of research from credible sources, books from Top 10 best selling list of all time, products promising the prevention of colic, promotion of sleep, soothing of aching gums, weaning made easy, the list goes on and on...oh yes, let's not forget the well-meaning advice from people too, all of which can never adequately prepare us for this life-long commitment.

However, we can always laugh at our trials and tribulations. I do, often. Allow me to share with you what it's like having twins, with help from my favourite electronic cards. It always makes me laugh and I love it.

Let's start with one of my favourites sayings:
 

Two faces to wash, and four dirty hands
Two insistent voices, making demands
Twice as much crying, when things go wrong
The four eyes closing, with slumber song
Twice as many garments, blowing on the line
Two cherubs in the wagon, soaking up sunshine
Work I do for twins, naturally comes double
But four arms to hug me, repay all my trouble.

~Author Unknown
 
When we came home with our twin infants after 3 days in hospital, we were beyond horrified when we changed 24 nappies in the first 24 hour hours (note that the graphic below refers to 7 nappies per day per child, we were doing 12 nappies per day per child):
 
 
 
 
Whenever we or I was out & about with the twin infants, complete strangers would ask and say the most peculiar things:
 
hahaha...for the record, we have 4 car seats. Two in each of our cars.


hahahahahahaha

Yes even when one is deliberately dressed up in pink and the other in blue.

 
Just when you think, surely this can't get any funnier or more ridiculous...
 
 
 
When the twins are having a 'bad' day, I chant the following 3 times before losing it and wonder how other parents with triplets and high order multiples do it (I sure hope they have more help than we do!):
 
Breathe in, Breathe out, Breathe in, Breathe out...
 
 
Wow! Thanks for putting this into perspective for me.
 

 
When the day seems to drag on with no light in sight:


Ain't this true? My all-time sanity saver.

However, if bedtime is still a long while to go...





I hope you had a good laugh just like I have.


Magdalene xxx
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment