Thursday, September 5, 2013

Attempts Chopsticks for the first time


The kids were served one of our favourite family meals for dinner the other evening.
 
Stir-fry Udon noodles with
honey soy chicken thigh fillets and vegetables.
 
As I was reaching into their shelf for toddler sized bowls and cutlery, I spied 6 pairs of kiddie chopsticks that they were gifted to them STARING at me.
 
Must be a sign.
 
I showed a pair to Charlotte and she squealed in excitement, with her hands outstretched and fingers wriggling wildly.
 
Must be a sign.
 
Daniel on the other hand, was too distracted by a contraption he was creating to tow Mater.
 
Fine. Only one child shall attempt the chopsticks. Better this way in case they decide to have a mock battle!
 
These photos speak for themselves. She loves the chopsticks, holds them kind of properly and figures it's still much easier using her fingers.
 
I don't blame her. I didn't learn to use the chopsticks properly till I was in primary school.
 
We will have more practice when the opportunity arises. In the meanwhile, fork, spoon and fingers will do just fine so long as they keep eating!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment