Sunday, October 6, 2013

A very quick and versatile meal!


This is a super quick and versatile meal that my family enjoys. It's all done in 10 minutes and can be served in a variety of ways. For example, with rice, over a piece of toast with grated cheese, on its own, over corn chips and topped with guacamole-salsa-refried beans and yes, more cheese, over pasta / spaghetti and even instant noodles. Like I said, the combinations are endless!
 
This meal can also be frozen and reheated in the microwave. All the conveniences and combinations associated with this meal makes it a winner in my books!
 
Ingredients
500g turkey mince (or pork / beef / lamb / chicken)
1 packet of taco seasoning
1 bottle of your favourite pasta sauce (I love my supermarket's tomato and mushroom sauce)
1 cup of water
2 cups of Frozen vegetables (I used peas & corn)
Rice bran oil
 
Instructions
1. In a deep stainless steel pot, add oil. Add turkey mince and brown it for 3 minutes.
2. Add taco seasoning to the mince and mix well. Add 1 cup of water, 1 bottle of pasta sauce and frozen vegetables. Mix well.
3. Cook it for 7 minutes on high. VIOLA!


Magdalene xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment