Wednesday, January 29, 2014

5 Ingredient Meal without leftovers!

Cooking and feeding the family is a chore and pleasure in itself. A chore because well, it is a chore. Let's leave it at that. A pleasure when the meal is gobbled up without any fuss, complaint and bribery.

I reckon it will be much easier giving my kids a packet of chips and fruit juice each at every meal as oppose to racking my brain in conjuring up different meals (for variety) with vegetables disguised in sauce so that they have a so-called 'well-balance' meal.

Over the holidays, I have served up different {new} meals to the family. All of them are fuss free in preparation and takes next to no time to cook! Did I mention that I am a lazy cook, too?

A few months ago, the kids were introduced to pizza at home and it didn't go down too well. They consumed all their tinned pineapples, 4 different grated cheeses and everything else was left untouched.

Not to be defeated by their lackluster interests, I served up pizza at home over the holidays and this time, did a few things differently:

  • Individual pita pocket breads were used as bases
  • Ingredients were laid out
  • The kids made it with me and yes, they got to taste the ingredients before laying them down on the pita pocket breads
We had so much fun putting the pizzas together and wolfed them down so quickly that I had no opportunity to take any photos of the antics. However, I shall post a single photo of the pizzas before they went into the oven.

  
'Hawaiian Pizza' serves 4 (without leftovers)
Ingredients
4 wholemeal pita pockets
Pizza sauce
200g honey baked ham
1 small tin of pineapples
Generous handfuls of Pizza Cheese (4 different grated cheese out of a packet)

Instructions
  1. Pre-heat oven to 180C (fan forced)
  2. Place grease proof paper on baking trays, lay pizzas on top
  3. Cook in the oven for 15 minutes


Bon Apetite!




No comments:

Post a Comment