Thursday, January 16, 2014

A little blessing call Nap Time In the Car

I will soon have 33 month young twins in my fold and they are, as you would expect from any toddlers of this age group, to be very curious, cheeky, talkative, fun and often, annoying because they are such busy little people who do not give me enough time to think when they keep firing questions in my direction.

Charlotte and Daniel are pretty good car travelers. In fact, I give them a little packet of snack each whenever we set off from home because it buys me say...5 minutes of peace and after that, the usual takes place. Questions, negotiations, arguments. You name it. Typical sibling interactions.

Therefore, I like to time our day outings in accordance to their nap time.

We tend to leave home early say 8:00am and plan for our return trip home by 1pm (the latest) because it is guaranteed (so far) that they will be asleep within 5 - 10 minutes into the drive and I tell ya... it is BLISS! They tend to nap for about an hour on such trips (at home, they tend to nap for 2-3 hours) and the silence after a very busy morning is like nirvana.

I am so thankful for this little blessing. What about you? Does your child / children nap well in the car too???


No comments:

Post a Comment