Thursday, January 2, 2014

Return to Kindy for the 3rd Year!


Today marks the first day of their 3rd year at Kindy and I am so please that it's finally here.
 
It's been 8 full days of being stay at home mummy with them. Yes, only 8 days and I am so relief & grateful to finally have some time out for myself during the day.
 
Don't get me wrong. I love these kids VERY MUCH. In fact, there is no adjective that can even come close to describing the depth of my devotion and love to them. However, I am REALLY, once again, not cut out for this SAHM gig.
 
It wasn't too long ago that I stayed home for 9 months when they were infants and was secretly over-the-moon delighted when childcare placement became available three months before I was due back at work. However, when the day came, 22nd January 2012, my heart and soul broke into infinite pieces. Oh, the guilt of putting them in care.
 
For me, there is really no other alternative. I am simply not cut out as a Stay At Home Mum and am a much better mother and wife for having variety in my life. That, I am certainly not one bit guilty of.
 
From time to time, I wish I stay home with them {full time} especially when they are in a very nice development phase so that I can enjoy them more. Then I see them at Kindy and observe how happy they are too.
 
Truly, I have the best of both worlds. I have made another change in 2014 to ensure that I have more quality time with the kids.
 
Instead of not working on Wednesdays (as I have been for the last 2 years), I have swopped it for Mondays. That means, I will have a long weekend / 3 consecutive days with the twins for 2014 - 2015. In 2016, they will be off to Primary School.
 
Some days / moments in a day, I wish I can bottle up and preserve forever. Some days / moments in a day, I wish they would grow up quicker!
 
One thing for certain, Charlotte and Daniel are growing up very quickly AND I love watching them do just that.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment