Friday, April 25, 2014

Celebrating my wobbly body in its 36th year

It would seem that my life (of late) resembles a revolving door of birthday parties. What can I say? April is a highly celebratory & sociable month. I think it makes up for my lacklustre effort in the social department for the remainder of the year!
 
In the spirit of celebrations, I am going to celebrate my body with all its wobbly bits.
 
I am not going to lament about the fact that I have never been smaller than a size 12 and that I am not taller than 5ft1inch. Neither am I going to spruik about health, diets or wellness.
 
I have my fair share of quiet conversations with my body over the years and none more crucial than the ones I had while pregnant with the twins.
 
 
 
For the first time in my life, I truly loved - admired- respected my body for its ability to embrace the drastic changes in my body and in supporting the pregnancy of my children.
 
To my 36 year old body with all its wobbly bits, thank you for not letting me down.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment