The choice of pasta is crucial. Mini spirals. Literally takes less than 10 minutes to cook.
The size of the chopped up meat and vegetables are bite size (small) so it cooks quickly.
Stir-fry pasta with chicken and vegetables
(serves 2 hungry toddlers and 4 adults)
500g mini spiral pasta, cooked in boiling salted water
500g skinless chicken thigh fillets, cut into small bite sized pieces
2 large carrots, cut into small bite sized pieces
1 large broccoli, cut into small bite sized pieces
1 can of corn, cut into small bite sized pieces
4 handfuls of frozen edamame beans / peas
Marinate for chicken
2 tbsps light soy sauce
2 tbsps oyster sauce
1 tbsp honey
6 dashes of sesame oil
1 tbsp of oil
Same as the marinate for chicken
Garlic salt, to taste
- In a pot with pasta, add water until it covers the pasta, add a sprinkling of salt. Cook over high heat
- In a bowl, add chicken pieces and marinate. Set aside
- On your chopping board, cut up the vegetables
- Place your wok over high heat and add oil. Do not add anything else until the wok starts to "smoke"
- Add chicken and stir fry quickly for 1 minute. Add vegetables and mix well. The pasta should be al dente by now - drain the pasta and add to the wok. Mix well.
- Add the stir-fry sauce and constantly mix everything together 1 minute. Taste. Add more salt if required.
- Serve on its own / topped with roasted peanuts / drizzle with sweet chilli sauce!