Tuesday, September 16, 2014

My Soul Sisters


One of the highlights of our holiday was the quality time spent with those closest to my heart and two of those very special people are my best friend and 'oldest' friend. They are my soul sisters.

Our friendship has stood the test of time and distance.
Our friendship is deep and generous.
Our friendship is one of a kind.

These ladies have seen me at my best and at my absolute worse.
They have stood by me as I stumble through life.
They share my achievements and love me for who I am, regardless.

I met my 'oldest' friend when we were 7 years old. Yes, for those who are counting, we celebrate our 29th year friend-nniversary this year! 

We have literally grown up together from childhood. She knows me very well.
I love her strength and determination in doing what is right and best for her family.
I love her loyalty and faith in friendship and God. 
I love her for the person she was when we were 7 years old and love her for the mother-wife-daughter-friend she is today. 

My best friend and I met when I was 21. Yes, for those who are counting, this is our 15th year as mates.

We grew up together as adults and continue to support each other through the ups and downs of being working mothers. In fact, we try to FaceTime once a week!
She reminds me never to give up when the chips are down.
She makes me laugh at myself by laughing at her own folly.
She is her father's daughter - loyal, open, honest and above all, loving.

Our friendship is easy.
It is based on full acceptance with honesty, kindness and humor.
I am very bless and lucky to have all that with these two remarkable women.

No comments:

Post a Comment