Tuesday, October 28, 2014

We Cooked and We Ate

As mummies, we are entrenched with our families from sun up to sun down and cooking for them is one of those activities we cannot rid ourselves of because we want them to eat well and that is also one of the endless ways we show our LOVE. So what do we do with a few hours to spare on a Sunday afternoon without our families? We head out for a cooking class, of course!

Between us, we have 12 children with ages ranging from 18 months to their early 20s. We enjoy each other's friendship and I have certainly called on them for assistance from time to time. They are all remarkable women who put their families first and I am very lucky & bless to be in such fine company.

Big thank you to K for organising this and for driving us to Casa Di Louie for the class!

Casa Di Louie is a restaurant that also runs cooking classes every month, the class we attended was the final one for the year and we made:

Arancini with Napoli Sauce
Mushroom Risotto 
Tarrali
Tiramisu

It was all.very.delicious. SERIOUSLY. We were cooking, wiping, talking, sipping wine, talking, listening, etc. You get the point and taking photos was a bit of a challenge because I was fully immersed into experience.

The Aranchini with mozzarella and parmesan was the tastiest I have ever had. From what I can gather, the risotto has to be cooked dry so as to enable the balls to be rolled easily. The Napoli Sauce has some chilli added to it which gave it extra zing which I loved!

The mushroom stock used to cooked this meal was sensational and yes, the chef did not give away his secrets so I will have to rely on the search engine for that component. The risotto is as it should be, creamy - flavoursome - delicious. Except it is time consuming and yes, worth the effort.

Taralli was so delicious. I couldn't take any photos because we were eating it up so quickly. It's like a pretzel - very morish and I will certainly make this for my family soon!

Tiramisu is one of my top 5 favourite desserts of all time and it was sublime. The fluffy mascarpone, the savoiardi biscuits dipped in espresso and masala and when brought together dusted with cocoa powder ... oh my, I was floating on air!

We ate what we cooked and it was a very enjoyable afternoon in the company of these wonderful women. I am looking forward to more cooking classes next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment