Friday, February 20, 2015

For my Darling Daniel


My darling cuddle pot,

In about 2.5 months, you will be turning FOUR YEARS OLD. WOW! I cannot believe it.

The day of your birth will forever be etched in my mind and especially the first moment when we laid eyes on each other in the recovery ward. You watched me from your crib as I was wheeled in - we studied each other keenly as if saying "so, this is what you look like!" and when you were placed on my chest, you felt like home.

Life has treated us very kindly with a few curve balls thrown in along the way with day surgeries for grommets' insertions, ambulance trip to the emergency department when you had difficulty breathing, broken arm on Mother's Day, etc. I admire your spirit of resilience by taking them all to your stride. Never complaining, never whinging. Just quietly observing, patiently waiting with absolute co-operation. I derive my strength and determination from YOU.

You are kind and loving. Never tire of cuddles and kisses.
You are considerate and always watching for others' welfare.
You are self-sufficient and do not require the company of others for entertainment.
You are deliberate in your learning and choices. Teaching me that mastery requires time.

Ice blocks and kinder egg surprises have the abilities to lift your mood!
Trains (from Thomas and Friends) is still your preferred Birthday presents.
I am your #1 choice for all aspects of your life (for now) and that re-affirms the importance of my role in your life.

Daniel, you are everything I hope for in a son and much, much more.
I look forward to sharing more milestones with you.

Thank you for choosing me to be your mummy.
Promise that you will always be my cuddle pot.

I love you to the moon and back x infinity,

Your mummy and #1 fan




No comments:

Post a Comment