Tuesday, February 3, 2015

I am a basket case on Monday evenings






"Daddy will drop me off and Mummy will pick me up." 

This is what the twins tell me as I bid each of them goodnight on Monday evenings and it is followed with,


"Can you stay home?"

Those statements still tug at my heart strings despite them being in childcare since they were 9 month young infants. You would think I should be used to it by now.

With the frog in my throat and holding back tear ducts, I compose myself enough before kissing & wishing them a very good night and that I love them very much.

Therefore, it comes as no surprise that weekday afternoons are highly anticipated and our reunions are very, very sweet. Pulling me in different directions, they engaged me excitedly in play and do a show & tell of what they have been up to - urging me to push them higher on the swings, jumping on the trampoline to the song of "Ring a Ring of roses", skipping to their water play area where they make muddy puddles, sitting on the comfortable lounge with their favourite book, regaling tales of the conversations they have had with their friends & teachers and showing me what they have learnt. It can be a challenge tearing them away from childcare most afternoons and that to me indicates that they have had a brilliant day!

Are you a basket case like me?


No comments:

Post a Comment