Wednesday, April 22, 2015

They are 4!


Today is a very special day for our family because Charlotte and Daniel are 4 years old! I still remember nursing them as babies and wishing that they would turn 4 instantly. Why 4? Because I still have very vivid memories from when I was at that age. I was cared for lovingly by my maternal grandparents during the week while my parents were at work and it was also the year I first stepped foot into a kindergarten to commence my education. My childhood was carefree and I looked forward to Friday evenings when I would be reunited with my parents.

Fast forward many, many years and here I am. A parent to 4 year old children. I have imagined this day for the last few years and it is {finally} here. My husband and I are grateful and thrilled that we have survived as individuals, as a couple, as parents and as a family.

Some days are incredibly long and challenging. Other days are incredibly heart-warming and special. Today as with the weekend we just had, is the latter.



My Darling First Born - Charlotte
It's been such an adrenalin rush being your mummy. Stating that you keep things interesting is an understatement. You are growing up into such a gorgeous young girl who is knowing, kind and caring. You enjoy helping out in the kitchen and telling us how things ought to be done. You are fiercely loyal to your family and friends, always looking out for them and their interests.

Thank you for choosing me to be your mummy and for giving me endless opportunities to make things right with you and for you. You are the light of my life.

Let's continue to roll with the punches and meet every milestone along the way. My promise to you from the moment you were born is this:

No one will ever love you like I love you. You will always have a home with me.
We will have disagreements and "cold wars" but I will always be your mummy first and foremost. I love you to the moon and back x infinity.

Happy 4th Birthday, my beautiful daughter!

Always your #1 fan,

Mummy


My Darling Second Born by 1 minute - Daniel
You light up any room you walk in. Your smile is ready & radiant and your heart is pure & giving. You are loving, loyal and freely gives kisses and cuddles. You are my pause button and you are the one who takes all the blues away. You are growing up into a level headed young boy who is knowing, kind and caring. You enjoy helping out around the home and is often looking out for our interests. You are fiercely loyal to your family and friends, always asking after them.

Thank you for choosing me to be your mummy and for giving me endless opportunities to make things right with you and for you. You are the light of my life.

Let's continue to roll with the punches and meet every milestone along the way. My promise to you from the moment you were born is this:

I am so grateful that you are alive and that I can watch you grow up. No one will ever love you like I love you. You will always have a home with  me. I am always your mummy first and foremost. I love you to the moon and back x infinity.

Happy 4th Birthday, my beautiful son!

Always your #1 fan,

Mummy



No comments:

Post a Comment