Wednesday, July 29, 2015

I still remember and will never forget


Dearest Charlotte and Daniel

I still remember the moment I suspected I was pregnant. 
Your daddy and I were at Sirromet Winery celebrating his birthday.

I still remember the moment the pregnancy was confirmed.
I was in the office eagerly waiting for that phone call.

I still remember watching and hearing you for the first time.
We were at Dr Hall's clinic. Ultrasound technology.

I still remember meeting you for the first time.
We were at another clinic. For Nuchal Translucency.

I still remember the day we received potentially devastating news.
We were at the clinic. We never felt more helpless in our lives.

I still remember the agonizing weeks of waiting around for another test.
Then the day came. We were back at the clinic. For Amniocentesis.

I still remember waiting for the results and existing in a fog.
Then the day came. The best news. It was the day I begun enjoying the pregnancy.

I still remember the night before your births.
Sitting on the lounge at home with the cat between my legs. Your daddy and I looked at each other. Savoured the moment. Knowing that our lives would forever be changed in a few hours.

I still remember waking up on the day of your births.
Scrubbing, shampooing and cleaning myself. Smiling, with gladness and anticipation.

I still remember checking into hospital.
Daddy and I giggled like teenagers. Our excitement was palpable.

I still remember walking into the operating theatre with daddy and meeting two medical teams. One for each of you. Protocol.

I still remember and will never forget the moment you were born.
Charlotte first. Daniel second. Both of you screamed and cried. Relief to all our ears.

I still remember and will never forget meeting the both of you for the first time.
You are finally here. You are mine. You are everything I have ever wished and hoped for all those years. 

I still remember and will never forget how grateful we are.
To be your parents.

On that day, I pledge to love you both unconditionally. 
On that day, I pledge to always be your champion and biggest fan.
On that day, I pledge to understand and accept your choices.

I still remember and will never forget to always be your mummy first.

To be the kind of mummy you need.
To be the kind of mummy who enables you to reach your fullest potential.
To be the kind of mummy who will always be here for you.


I love you both to the moon and back x infinity,
Your mummy and #1 fan for life




No comments:

Post a Comment