Friday, September 25, 2015

"Charlotte, what would you like to be when you grow up?"

It's one of those questions that children are asked as they grow up because it is fun and informative. The responses birth a myriad of reactions - from bemusement to shock horror (depending on the age of the child).

When I last asked this question of my children a year ago, their responses were rather sweet... "I want to be just like mummy" to "I want to work on ships just like daddy".

In the last week, the one-on-one activity between teacher and child has been centered around their 'resume'. That resume once completed is shared for all to read and I love reading them all! Some of the occupations listed by other children include tooth fairy, fireman, teacher and mummy.

Here's my daughter's.


It is not surprising that she wants to be a cook because of the keen interest and curiosity shown from a young age. YES, I laughed.out.loud when I read the skills she possesses! LOL.

When she was younger (and shorter), she would sit on the kitchen island - observing, smelling, mixing and tasting. 

Now that she is slightly older (and taller), she leans her age appropriate chair against the kitchen island and stands on it. Standing next to me, she creates marinates for meats, cracking and beating eggs, cutting up vegetables with sharp knives, makes salads, stirring sauces over the gas cook top, using tongs to brown meat, buttering bread and serving up meals on individual plates / bowls.


I think I will keep up this resume practice every year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment