Wednesday, October 7, 2015

My very special boy


"Daniel, do you know how much I love you?" - I ask.
"Very, very much." - he replies.

Boy oh boy does he tug at my heart strings. Daniel possesses one of the kindest and most considerate hearts I have ever come across. He will cry alongside you and sit by you until you are visibly better. His tight and ready hugs will melt any tensions and put things into perspective. 

It would seem that my son understands that sometimes you just have to let silence do the heavy lifting.

It would also appear that as parents, we strive to teach our children life skills and in return, they teach us what life is all about.

Through various experiences with Daniel, I have also learnt that he is incredibly determine and courageous.

As a healthy boy, he has been to the hospital numerous times for a wide variety of reasons - two rounds of grommets insertions, broken arm (on Mother's Day) where he endured 12 hours of pain and discomfort without pain medication and water (just in case he needed surgery), went to hospital in an ambulance due to breathing issues and yes, back to the hospital again yesterday due to a sever eye reaction associated with Hay Fever (we seriously thought he was going to lose an eye)!

He is the model patient. No crying and screaming. Just listening to what is being said about him and to him. Cuddles and smiles from us is all he needs. He is such a darling little boy. We love him so much. He loves us and especially his sister.

"I want to go home now. I miss Charlotte."

What a sweetheart.

No comments:

Post a Comment