Last year was our final year with childcare and it was an option for me to continue after the Christmas & New Year holidays before they went to Primary School. I thought long and hard about this very attractive offer.
I was initially hesitant because I would no longer have 'me' time and that it was up to me to plan 5 weeks worth of 'fun'! How was I going to reconcile with both?
Well, I am up for a challenge most days and reminded myself that the children will only be young for a very short period of time and that they will prefer the companionship of their friends in a matter of time so seize the opportunity.
That we did!
I am amaze that there was some place to go every day even if it is only to the supermarket and that I thoroughly enjoyed the companionship of my children every single day.
Here is what we got up to:
- 3 day vacation to the Gold Coast with my parents from overseas
- So much fun at Inflatable World
- Kept cool by watching 2 movies at the cinemas
- Half a day at Thomas & Friends exhibit and show at the Railway museum
- Into the city for my business meeting
- Checked out the 'new' botanic gardens
- Lunches in cafes, restaurants and fast food outlets
- Explored Sunny bank and bought Asian produce
- Went to White Water Park twice
- Went to Dreamworld once
- Bought groceries every third day (yes they ate heaps)
- Swam almost every afternoon in our pool
- Went to an indoor playground as part of their reward
- Stayed in the city over a weekend and explored our river city
- Checked out several Westfield Shopping Centers
- Daily lessons with the children to prepare them for school
- Hung out at home - drawing, reading, playing, cooking, cleaning
Being on holidays with them was better than I thought - it was great.
We are looking forward to our next break - Easter Holidays!