Friday, May 6, 2016

One of the best days of my life


"Make sure you celebrate YOU."

Those were the parting words from a friend following a conversation about the plans we had for the twins' 5th birthdays. That statement resonated deeply with me. How am I doing to honor and celebrate being their mummy?

The answer was simple. To spend the day with my children, in school. That is how I want to honor and celebrate being their mother. I want them to have memories of me with them on their special day. Every year.

Parent volunteers are encouraged in schools so that was what I did. 

I took the day off from corporate work and was with the children from the moment they woke up. Their daddy & I dropped them off at school and I stayed on.

I worked with all the students in their class and rotated among the tables on various worksheets, joined them for their morning tea and lunch, assisted their teacher and my heart was bursting at the seams all day. I love this class - the students were all collaborative and well-behaved! WOW! Their teacher knew when to transition them from one activity to the next, rewarded them with mini pockets of free play when she sensed that their attention span were waning, etc. WOW! 

The best part of all? Being able to observe my children in learning and at play with their friends. It is a day I will never forget. 



In celebrating my children's milestone, I also celebrated mine as a woman and their mother. 

I am thankful for the life that I have been blessed with and especially with the gift of parenthood. 

My children will always be my GREATEST ACHIEVEMENT.

No comments:

Post a Comment