Thursday, January 19, 2017

Authenticity is undervalued



** The following post was written while I was on vacation**

Being on vacation surrounded by unconditional love and stoic support of family and closest friends have prompted me to inquire about how I am living my life, so far.

I have been blessed with life and it is entirely up to me to live it simply and purposefully or in strife and disarray. Ultimately, it is my responsibility to live a life worth living.

Many of us mask our vulnerabilities effectively (most of the time) by channeling our energies towards pursuits / relationships that presents us in positive light. This can get rather tiring too.

Living an authentic life is confronting and liberating as it requires us to accept the absolute truth about ourselves and in particular, our shortcomings. Like the saying goes, "The Truth Will Set You Free".


No comments:

Post a Comment